Call for abstracts
Guidelines for preparation and submission of abstracts
1. Abstracts may be submitted via the submission website only. Abstracts submitted via fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
2. All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
3. Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
You can upload your abstract as a word document. Kindly use this template to upload your abstract.
4. The abstract text may not be longer than 500 words. Tables, charts and other graphics are permitted and must be in JPG or GIF format and of high resolution (max. 2 graphics per abstract).
5. Words of non-English origin, like bona fide, prima facie, in vitro, in situ, should be placed in italic, together with scientific names of any rank (e.g. Aspergillus fumigatus, A. flavus, Candida albicans, Candida tropicalis).
6. After having submitted your abstract, you will immediately receive a confirmation by e-mail. If you wish to submit other abstracts later, you may use your personal access codes. Should you wish to make corrections to an abstract already submitted, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Corrections to abstracts can only be made up to the deadline of 1 June 2021. If you do not receive a confirmation by e-mail please contact the congress secretariat at email@example.com.
7. Abstracts will be reviewed by at least 2 members of the Scientific Committee.
8. Authors will be notified of acceptance by the end of July 2021 by email.
9. Abstract authors must register for the congress by 1 August 2021 or advise us of withdrawal by this date. Registration ensures publication and presentation.
10. If an abstract is accepted, the presenting author must attend the congress and present it in person.
§ Animal models
§ Antifungal resistance and stewardship
§ Antifungal susceptibility
§ Clinical management – Antifungal therapy
§ Emerging pathogens
§ Endemic Mycosis
§ Fungal infections in the ICU
§ Fungal infections in the immunocompromised host
§ Fungal infections in the pediatric and neonatal population
§ Fungal/viral coinfections
§ HIV-related mycoses
§ Host defense
§ Molecular and Cellular Mycology
§ New antifungal agents
§ Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacology
§ Superficial fungal infections (skin, hair, nail and mucosa)
Publication: All accepted abstracts will be published digitally.
Each video should be accompanied by an abstract.
Abstracts can only be submitted online.
Video files should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
All videos must be in English.
All videos submitted must be in the final format. Hence, they must include the exact title, all author’s names, production date and running time.
Videos without voice-over will not be accepted.
The video can have a maximum length of 2 minutes.
Size and format All formats are accepted, but MP4 is the preferred format. Maximum file size 500 MB.
Recommended requirements for video upload:
Resolution HD ( 1280×720 pixels ) or higher.
Frame rate higher than 25fps.
Pixel aspect 16:9.
Bitrate higher than 6Mbps.
Audio stream: Stereo, 48000 Hz or better ( AAC, DTS, Dolby 5.1 ).
Video container: MPEG-4 ( MP4 or MKV ).
Abstracts invited speakers
Abstract submission of abstracts of invited speakers will be possible as of mid June 2021. Please do not submit your abstract earlier.